Monday, September 2, 2013

Characters Mojo

Mojo(s) of DAN CAHILL


Good day everybody! I'm invited as a contributor for Chicken Soup from A Bookworm's Soul and I have to say I'm quite flattered. I've never really been much of a writer but I have always like to read so therefore, I will be posting mostly snapshots or short reviews of my favourite books or characters or random moments in a story. Enjoy the post mates,  and happy reading!

The first installment of The 39 Clues

I've been following The 39 clues series since the beginning until it started to spawn the sequel installment. What first caught my attention was the idea of a bunch of teenagers going around the world searching for these so called '39 clues'.
The first book cover is intriguing with a blue background, and filled with a hurricane of bones and skulls that it prompted a 14 year old me to buy it with my less-than-generous allowance money. Add that with the fact that it was penned by Rick Riordan (I was a major fan of Percy Jackson at that age).

The Maze of Bones is the first book of the series
I've always associate myself with the main protagonist, Dan Cahill as he's one of the most hilarious fictional person can get by. Here's a list of the few things aka mojo(s) why Dan Cahill is just that awesome:

Dan Cahill's clue card
1. He is obsessed with ninja- he wore a ninja suit once to school resulting in detention, collect baseball cards worth to $3000 and autographs of famous outlaws, and charcoal tombstone rubbings (his favourite is that of Pruella Goode, which reads 'I'm Dead. Let's have a Party.)

2. He has photographic memory, a brilliant puzzle-solver (like encoding anagrams), and great with  lock mechanisms (a cut-out spy agent huh?!)

3. He thinks that anyone who did a research and write an essay about fart is a genius.

Anyway, it was really a brilliant book with adventures and historical fiction that the authors (each book in the series was penned by different authors) has managed to write without causing readers to get bored. It's really hard finding a good book that falls in the category of adventure that's suitable for any age so The 39 Clues is an amazing series worth to read. Also it's optioned for a movie with Steven Spielberg acquiring the film rights. How cool is that?! Can't wait for the official casting especially considering who they'll cast for the wiz called Dan Cahill. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...