Monday, February 3, 2014

Bookworm Buzz


AUTHOR INTERVIEW: ANDREA MICHELLE


Today, we have the amazing author of Escape the Doubt for an interview with us. Read on to know more about her debut novel, what's she's currently working on, how she overcomes writer's block, and some advice shared with the rest of us.


Escape the Doubt book cover
BWS: Hi Andrea, thank you for agreeing to this interview. What inspired you to write Escape the Doubt?
Andrea: Escape the Doubt is actually inspired a lot from my own past. Although the story is fictional, many of the emotions involved in the story were my own at the age. In fact, the poems in the novel were written by me when I was sixteen and seventeen years old.

BWS: Give us an insight into your main character in Escape the Doubt. How did you come up with Riley Shaw’s character? 
Andrea: Riley Shaw is a troubled seventeen year old. She struggles with relationships. She knows she wants to love and she wants to be loved. But she doesn’t believe love exist, not forever. She see’s love as being full of lies and secrets. Men cheat and break hearts. She is full of doubt about love, life and everything in between. I came up with Riley by tapping into what I felt like at that age. I then added in what I could imagine it might feel like to have been through everything she had been through. It’s not her fault she is so scared. She wants to change, wants so badly to have things different. She just doesn’t know how to let go of her past and move forward.

BWS: What are you working on at the minute?
Andrea: I am working on the sequel in this series, Embrace the Moment. It is a continuation to their story. I’m also working on a NA Romantic Suspense Novel that I began before Escape the Doubt. Stories are funny like that. One spoke louder than the other. I also have an Adult Contemporary Romance Novel in the works, Abandoned Identity. Many stories are swirling in my mind and multiple WIP’s sit on my laptop but they’re only so many hours in the day. LOL ;)

BWS: Do you ever get writer’s block? If so, how do you overcome it?
Andrea: Yes, for example with my sequel. I’m content with the ending in Escape the Doubt. There is just so much more to tell to their story. However, I don’t want to ugly up their beautiful just to create conflict. So I’m trying to stay true to the story they want me to tell. As far as overcoming it... MUSIC. It is an addiction and almost necessary for me to write to. It creates inspiration. 

BWS: Where is your favorite place to write? 
Andrea: You might find this funny, but lying in my bathtub when I’m relaxed.

BWS: If you were on a desert island and could only take one book with you, what would it be? 
Andrea: That is such a difficult question because many of my favorites are series. So a favorite standalone would be Wallbanger by Alice Clayton. I’d bring an emotional one but I’m on a deserted island, I kinda don’t want to be depressed and alone. Wallbanger makes me laugh. 

BWS: Something personal about you people may be surprised to know?
Andrea: I am passionate about dance and music. My dream as a teen was to move to New York and sing and dance on Broadway. I got married and had babies instead. :) No regrets.

BWS: What is your life motto? 
Andrea: Life is short. Break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile. Enjoy the little things in life, because one day you will look back, and realize they were the big things.

BWS: Do you have any advice for other writers and/or anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
Andrea: Readers, I love to hear from you and I encourage that connection.
Writers, ignore the drama and stay focused on the goal. Some days are better than others and a day will come where you think you should give up... but don’t. Keep trying, keep writing, and believe in yourself. Take criticism and let it better you, not break you down.

BWS: How can readers discover more about you and you work?
Andrea: I’m all over social media and love to chat.

Website:
My social links
Book Links:

BWS: Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview.

Andrea: Thank you for interviewing me. This was fun. :) 

BWS: Likewise :D

Author Bio:
Andrea Michelle was born and raised in Louisiana. She spent years in Tennessee, and in Texas, and has made it full circle back to the boot she loves so much. She currently lives in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. She is a mother to three beautiful daughters, and married her best friend at the young age of nineteen. She is a Coming-of-age, YA/NA Romance author with a debut, Escape the Doubt, available now. She is a dreamer, a true Gemini at heart and has a fascination with love stories. She finds inspirations in all things (friends beware) and loves poetry and music. Her writing journey began as a young teen where she used to escape into a world of fiction and poetry just to cope with emotions she didn't understand. Shhh... she has a secret. > She wasn't an avid reader until her adult years. Once she realized she loved this escape, her addiction to the one clicker became an obsession that cannot be tamed. It's an issue... she is a one-click-aholic and has no intention of kicking this habit. She is not genre specific as a reader and will read anything and everything. She will not be genre specific as a writer, either. So expect to see her outside the box, too. She is excited yet nervous to share her passion with you, but looks forward to the journey ahead. She loves to hear from her readers and encourages those connections. 



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...